Friday 12 January 2007

Nini bini

Hari raya aji the other day, my family and I went to a small get together at my uncle's. It was after Maghrib though. Can it still be considered raya aji get together? heheh Anyway, whilst we were there, we noticed a framed picture of a lady with 2 kids besides her. This picture was new but a copy from an old picture. We later found out, the lady in the picture was my dear late grand mother, my mum's side. The two kids in the picture was my mum and an uncle. We never knew our grandmother. She passed away a long time ago. Even my mum do not remember when she passed away exactly as she was also very young still when she left them. Tolak campur, my best guess I think it was something like 50 years ago when she passed away. Now I have not asked my mum anything about her lately, (by lately I mean in my adulthood) but if memory serves me right, (if you can trust my childhood memories that is) I think she passed away after undergoing an operation. Again, I dont exactly know what the operation was for. You might wonder how come I do not even know how she looked like and did not recognise her in the picture. Well, as I said, we never knew her and secondly, I do not believe I have seen any other picture of her. Lagi dulu atu, life was hard. Finding a picture of her was already almost a miracle. Looking at her picture, we all agreed that one of my sister has her looks. I remember, again from my childhood memory, an old lady friend of hers described her as a very polite lady and had a very soft voice. I dont think any one of us took after her in that respect. :-) Please excuse the quality of the picture.


Zainab Haji Hashim
Al-Faatihah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow thats a classic pic...i think i shud post old pics soon hehe