Sunday 14 January 2007

The missing weekend

OK OK, here it is.. aarrrghhh IT has been nagging all week for me to post something from last weekend. Well, here it is. This post will tell you the few days that went missing from my blog. Not that I was not going to post anything, I was too tired and by the time I wanted to post them, its like past its sell by date. Here goes...Warning: This is going to be boring as hell. Anybody else apart from IT, I suggest you stop reading here. If you still wish to continue, you do so at your own risk (of being bored that is)

Friday 5th Jan 07
Straight from work, I went to my granny's place. I've have not seen auntie Nans for a few days and she was going off to London on Sunday. I thought I'd better come around and see her for a chat. Kesian jua if I dont. Once I got to granny's place, sure enough she was not there. I cant blame her. Woould you be at home if you are going off in a couple of days time? I didnt think so. Anyways, I stayed on, went to the family room where I found auntie H prepping Hani for her Malay entrance test on Saturday. And there was Hizaam too blowing baloons and stuff for Hisyaam's birthday the next day. With nothing to do, I volunteered my lungs to help Hizaam out. Gosh I could barely blow 2 baloons. Sign of old age? Maybe not. Ampus more like it. hahah Anyways, I managed 3 in the end. After that lame excuse I offered Hizaam, I crashed in front of the tele. Cant remember what I watched though. A few minutes later a message from auntie nans to join her at her fav hangout Deli. After Deli, we went to Yayasan to check out some laptop. Left Yayasan about an hour later with a spanking new laptop in hand! Its pretty cool. Cheap too. Walked over to Fratini to have dinner. Had pizza. I have always like the pizza there. Nayaman hantap. Really. heheh)

Saturday 6th Jan 07
Lets see, what did I do Saturday... Oh woke up kinda late. Received an sms to get my butt to deli. hahaha On the way there, singgah kajap at my gran's to pick up some stuff for Auntie nans. Reached Deli and hungout for a little while. It was 12.30 and time to pick up the children. Not mine but Anutie nan's. Something was wrong with her car. Water hose bubus or something. Yayasan school is only few kilometers away from Deli but due to the heavy traffic it took ages to reach, oh and the heavy down pour didnt do us any favour either. Got to Yayasan eventually and noticed it is under renovation. They are expanding. As I was passing by the wud be main entrance had a dome on it with a hexagon for a base. The designer had stuck the name of the school on the hexagon shape. ( I actually wanted to type something up but I thought, why bother ) Aaahh well.. what do I know)

Anyways, went to coffee zone again in the aftenoon to fill in the ampty tank. Tried out the new laptop. Updated the softwares and virus definitions and stuff. Set up the skype and msn for auntie nans to use in London. I fin the laptop to be very good. Very good value. Went straight to apple centre after that. Auntie nans wanted to get an ipos. She bought an ipod shuffle. It only cost B$138. Not bad at all. Its the coolest thing ever. A flap is connected to its back and creates a clip so you can clip it on while listening to your fav songs and stuff)

Went to gran's home after that. There I saw the huge slides Auntie H rented for her children's birthday. it's been there since 10am and the kinds has been on it since then apparently. Pretty expensive they are $250 for 12 hrs. Great fun though. Well the children looked like they had fun. I wanted to join in. Brought my water slide kits along. But it was too hot. Thought I'd have a go later on before Maghrib when its not too hot. But that didnt happen. I got too lazy in the end. Anyways, it was a fun party, had loads of cake. We had 2 types of cakes. One huge chocolate cake and the other vanilla icecream cake. yummy. Doa selamat was read by my brother Awie. Soone after, it was makan time. Had the bestest roasted lamb courtesy of Auntie Suhana. I tell you, she is just an amazing cook/chef. Shes very humble about it as well. Everytime during any of this soft of function, she'll say the kuah isnt as nice or the lambs are too overcooked and stuff. On the contrary, they are just perfect. And very very nice. Spent the rest of the night to my uncle A. Hes young still and I guess he just wanted to talk. Had not done that with him for ages.)

Sunday 7th jan 07
Well, woke up early. I think about 6. Immediately switched on the PC to read papers and blogs. had breakfast. Watched some tele. Oh Cash in the Attic was on. I like watching programmes like these. I also like watching shows like the Antique road shows. Antah napa kah ia. Weird eh. I guess I just like to listen and learn the history behind those antiques. Interesting. Anyway, I remember they had like a marathon of Cash in the attic on that sunday. I was stuck in front of of the tele for at least couple of hours. Received a msg from auntie nans to come and join her at OGH for dim sum. Showered and got dressed. Straight to OGH. The dim sum was alright. Good value. Not too many choices though. There were quite a lot of people there)

After Dim Sum Aunthie nans wanted to go to Deli, one round of drinks before going off to London in the evening. Unfortunately, it was closed. Apparently, they are closed now every Sunday. Too bad. Went to coffee bean bandar instead. Had the usual Caramel drinks. Gosh, not been there for a long time. Soon it was 3pm and Auntie nanas has not packed yet. So we rushed home. At 5.30 we went to the airport to send Auntie nans off. Kesian Auntie nans, had to leave her boys behind. She said in the afternoon that she should be too sad as this was her chosen path. Plus it wont be too long until Mr B is going to see her in Feb in london, prolly. And we can chat and video conference now. Its not like in the old days when were were studying in the UK when SMS was not even invented yet let alone Messenger. Though IRC was just around the corner. But I was already back in Brunei then.

So thats it!! My weekend documented. Told you it was boring. IT i hope you read all the way through and not skimming through.... Some pics to accompany the documentary above. heheh

Peering through the window of Fratini the Italian Restauant

Haafiy blowing baloons



Baloons for the birthday party


Cool water slides


It may not look much but the roasted lamb was heavenly



Soto also made an appearance



Vanda at OGH

Fried stuff. my fav yam ball

The egg tart was excellent

Can you read tea leaves?

Chocolate cake at Coffe Bean in Bandar

My drink

My dear grandad Hj Murah Mohamad

My uncle's boots.

Scene at Brunei International Airport

No comments: