Saturday 24 February 2007

Bali oh Bali

Salaam alaikum

Hello peeps.. I'm back... Ys yes I know.. I've been back for a little while now.. tapi tekeduhung cuti atu.. tarus tah ku cutikan jua my blog updating ani.. tapi inda jua nyaman rasanya meniggalkan atu. But doesnt matter, I'm back now. Phuhh that Bali trip was one hot trip. Hot as in the weather! Gosh u would not believe how hot it was. It was so hot that it made walking under the Brunei sun as if taking a stroll through Central park. Not that I've strolled through in central park. Hyde park lah!! heheh Banar it was so so panas brabis. Inda ku merati how it could be so hot like that. banyak dusa kali ah.. hehe Strangely though before I went off, no one, not a single person ever mentioned the weather is like that in Bali (MJ said she did). Maybe perhaps they went during cooler period kali ah.. The locals said it would cool down alittle from jun to august. My mate decided its because Bali is an island. Maybe so but I dont remember Labuan being that hot. Sampai malam pun ku kepanasan. Throughout my stay, I suffered from headache everyday and dehydration. My lips pun be ulcer. Dahsyat jua sudah tu. Was advised to take gatorade to counteract the effect. AndI had to shower like 4 times in a day. Inda jua nyaman rasanya badan rakat2 atu. Maybe sebab atu lah those tourist prefer not to wear baju even when walking around town. Mun kediaku.. alum plang lagi.. indaconfident che Almaklum lah.. I'm still waiting for the other 5 packs to make an appearance heheh So i was there only for about 4 days includingtravelling days. Stayed in Kuta all the while. I didnt do anything apart from minum2 makan and jalan2 meliat kadai. Lepak2 d starbux and cafes. Went to the beach. Not bad jualah shopping2 d sana atu.. sale lagi. Didnt know ada kadai basar sana ah.. ada marks and sparks ada sogo and other chain stores ani lah.. baik lagi shopping disini ni sungguh bandar damit. Malam2 inda plang keluar coz ampar from the day outing.

My mate tried out the spa.. urut-urutan. Quite good apparently. I didnt coz i can never tahan beurut ani. Another something I've always been told was the difficulty in finding halal food. But I thought this was not the case. I was eating all the time. The fastfood was also halal. I tried the A&W and krispy Kreme and baskin robins others which i didnt have a go was McDonald's, KFC, Pizza hut. We tried some local joints one of which was a Sundanese restaurant, where I had Flying Gurami (deep fried fish) Which was very the nyaman and crispy. I also had Nasi Timbel there. I had these two propr to this but cant remember how good they tasted. I also went to a Javanese restaurant called Plengkung restaurant where their speciality is Pleceng kangkung. They shortened this to plengkung. I tell you, Indons are number 1 inmaking up words. Anyway, pleceng kangkung I was told is one of their speciality dish, the kangkung boiled and sambal made of kacang, lada and stuff spread on it. I myself is not a kangkung guy but it was nice. Of course there are other dishes as well. Fabulous atmosphere and a good place to chill and relax with a band singing in the corner belting all these great 70-80s tunes. Oh and its pretty cheap too. I also had a chance to tryout padang style food. Went to this Warung padang for lunch. OK lah the food, not too bad. But I can see why this sort of serving style will not go very well for us in Brunei.

While I was there, I also tried local drinks. One is Sodagembira (apparently d brunei pun ada) and the other is the botol. Apparently there is a saying in indonesia.. makan apa aja, minumnya teh botol sosro. Seems abit strange drinking tea together with rice..tapinya thinking about it... I usually have ice lemon tea.. sama jua kali ah.
Taxis are verywhere. The best ones I guess are those blue taxis. Sekali mengampaikan punggung rp5000 and then rp1000 or so ver mile or something. Since I didnt venture out of Kuta area obviously I cannot comment on other areas. Beach was bisasa sahaja. Peliatan kubisai lagi pantai muara. Then again I only saw the beach in Kuta. OK lah the wave was bigger here I giv them that. Tapi pasal lawa I think ours is better.. ganya problemnya kamah, mun inda hands down. OK lah dulu.. ngalih ku becerita menaip ani.. I've aprepard a slide show below so just look at the photos. They tell better stories than I can.. ciao




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hubby n i transfixed watching your slides...reminded us of our honeymoonthere!napa nada gambar Ground zero..?arah disco kana bomb atu..seems like a different Bali from wen we were there..